White House Tavern

    Aspen, Colorado

The White House Tavern is operated by Hillstone Restaurant Group and located on a prominent street corner in Aspen. The miner’s cabin was originally constructed in 1883 and is a historic landmark in the City of Aspen including two historic buildings and the alley shed also on site.  R+B worked extensively with the City of Aspen Historic Preservation Commission to restore and rehabilitate these structures which earned R+B and Hillstone the 2014 Historic Presentation Commission Award for Renovation. A sensitive and complementary modern brick addition on the backside of the cabin houses the exhibition kitchen.  The new brick patio and landscape pay homage to the scale of the building. The interior fireplace was kept in its original location within the cabin. The interiors are warm and inviting, with reclaimed wood floors, an exhibition kitchen, wood paneled walls and banquette style seating.

 

 

White House Tavern

  • Aspen, Colorado
  • Size: 2,200 sq ft