R+B Resources for the Design Community
Our team has compiled the “best of” architecture and design resources to provide information and inspiration during your time working from home, and navigating our world’s new normal.
- Business of Home shares architecture and design industry news in real time
- Material Bank is still delivering material samples in North America
- AD Pro (Architectural Digest Pro) has member benefits and is easy to join. They provide 100 years of searchable Architectural Digest archives, quarterly trend and product reports, unlimited industry news articles, calendar of trade events around the world, and more.
- AD Pro Instagram has great inspiration and linked articles
- Autodesk is offering free and extended access to cloud collaboration products
- Adobe welcomes you to read their COVID-19 letter and shared resources for support
- Carpenters Workshop Gallery continues to have incredible art, furnishings and lighting to enjoy
- AIA is keeping up to date information and offering various virtual webinars
- Greenbuild’s Rocky Mountain Green expo has been cancelled and postponed to 2021. Anyone planning to attend may keep their registration and will receive a reissued ticket once the 2021 event is rescheduled. Please stand by but keep your ticket!
- USGC has provided some COVID-19 articles and information at your disposal
- DAF (Denver Architectural Foundation) has postponed monthly programming until further notice. However, you may browse their website for previous events and read a few inspiring stories
- Architectural Digest explains how the COVID-19 pandemic will change the built environment
- Architect Magazine describes how architecture firms are responding to COVID-19
- Interior Design Magazine provides a great article regarding the “new normal”
- Elle Décor has some great digital home tours to browse
- Wallpaper Magazine has a nice message for all, along with always inspiring content. You can download the April issue for free, as a temporary offering during hard times
- NEWH is keeping everyone in the hospitality industry informed as details continue to develop. There are numerous links to browse related to COVID-19 and how to stay connected in the design community, including podcasts, guides, business checklists, etc.
- IIDA provides a very nice letter from Cheryl Durst and addresses positivity and embraces the potential changes to our design world. A nice read, along with virtual webinars where they discuss the new norms and enjoy panel discussions with panelists throughout the country. Member resources.
- ASID is also providing similar content to IIDA, with extended resources and webinars. Take advantage of these while you can!
- Kelly Wearstler teaches interior design online, through her 17 course Master Class
- Denver Design Center has virtual showrooms online!
- lynda.com offers over 5,700 courses in popular design programs and beyond, with a free month trial
- Creative Mornings offers free talks by various creative people in various creative places. Explore the “learn” tab for more information and resources to stay inspired and well
- com offers a variety of free courses to empower yourself and simply know more
- com offers 2 free months of classes that allow you to explore your creativity
- Duolingo allows you to learn a language at no cost. Download the app now!
- Adobe Live provides several live tutorials and courses on the Adobe Suite programs
- LinkedIn Learning provides online courses and classes for business, technology and creativity. They are also providing online courses geared towards working from home and strategies for this
- Sketchup Blog offers 10 ways to take advantage of the time spent social distancing, with online courses, podcasts, etc.
- Raising a Reader online activities and resources